Environmental sustainability is a key focus of the company not only to mitigate the impact of our business activities on the environment but also initiate projects and services that contribute to environmental sustainability. Arinma Holdings environmental sustainability strategy is concerned with the prevention of pollution, reduction of waste and consumption of depleting natural resources.
In our journey to become a more environmentally friendly and nature sensitive organization, we initiated several key initiatives within the company, under the theme ‘Arinma goes green’.
- A sustainability team was appointed formed to drive the group’s sustainability strategy and to initiate and execute its green initiatives
- The company obtained the ISO 14001:2015 certification which is concerned with standards related to environmental management
- Partnered with Green Movement Sri Lanka (GMSL) to implement a series of identified environmentally sustainable and community development projects
- The company discontinued the use of single-use plastics such as disposable plastic bottles for client meetings and have switched to a sustainable supplier of glass bottles
- Distributed reusable lunch boxes to staff with the hope of limiting the usage of lunch sheets in the office
- A process to track and limit the usage of paper in office was implemented, including a process for recycling paper